The tangerine is undoubtedly one of the tastiest citric fruits and that's why many people like it so much. It possesses an exquisite flavor and an amazing aroma that makes it irresistible.
This citric autumnal fruit can offer you many health benefits. It strengthens the immune system, it contains anti-inflammatory properties, it helps you to have a proper lung functioning etc.
Fortunately, now you can cultivate your own tangerines at home, whether in the garden or in flowerpots! In this article, we are going to show you how you can cultivate this wonderful citric fruit and you will realize that it is very easy and economic.
How to cultivate tangerines:
- Choose a medium sized flowerpot and make sure that it has holes at the bottom that will serve for drainage.
- Use organic soil and small stones in the bottom to obtain a better drainage. You can also use a little of sand in the ground for a major ventilation.
- Sow the seeds and cover them very well, without pressing firmly.
- Put the flowerpot in an area where it can obtain sunlight.
- You must water the plant when the ground feels dry to an inch deep.
- Cut the broken or withered branches.
- Put a little fertilizer rich in magnesium, iron and zinc from time to time.
- The tangerines must be gathered carefully without damaging them.
So, why would you waste money on buying sprayed tangerines at the market, when you can cultivate your own at home? Cheer yourself up and enjoy this delicious citrus fruit!