In most cases, the extra layer of fatty tissue under our chins is caused by being overweight. This can also occur as we age because our skin loses its elasticity. We cannot exclude the possibility that it can be genetic.
There are surgical procedures that eliminate double chin, but because they are expensive, we will give you some simple home treatments to get rid of it.
Here are some:
1. Sugar Free Gum
It is very important to keep your facial muscles toned in order to eliminate a double chin. That's why our jaw needs workout. The best way is to chew sugarless gum, which also will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
2. Cocoa Butter
If you use cocoa butter regularly, you will improve your skin elasticity and help get rid of double chin.
– Slightly warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave.
– Massage the warm oil gently into your neck and double chin for several minutes.
– Do this twice a day, before taking a bath in the morning and every night before going to bed.
3. Wheat Germ Oil
Massaging the neck regularly with wheat germ oil is one more way to get rid of a double chin effectively. Wheat germ oil has vitamin E oil that nourishes and tightens the skin.
– Rub some wheat germ oil gently around the chin before going to bed.
– Massage gently upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Leave the oil on your skin overnight.
– Repeat this regularly and soon you will see the improvement in the appearance of your double chin.
4. Egg Whites
An egg white has a skin tightening effect and thus it can help you get rid of double chin. Also, egg whites are perfect for the overall health of the skin.
– Beat together two egg whites, one tablespoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice.
– Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
– Apply the mask around your chin and neck area.
– Leave it on for 30 minutes.
– Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry your skin.
– Do this once daily for quick results.
Here is one natural mask with glycerin that will help you eliminate double chin.
– Mix one tablespoon of glycerin, ½ tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil.
– Apply the mask on the neck and chin area with a cotton pad.
– Leave it on for several minutes so that skin absorbs it.
– Wash the area thoroughly with cool water.
– Do this three to five times a week to get the desired results.
6. Chin Exercises
Chin exercises help stretching and toning your face, neck, and jaw muscles, meaning they will help you get rid of your double chin.
– While keeping your spine straight, slowly lean your head back until you are looking at the ceiling and then stick out your lips in a pout. Hold this position for five counts and then release. Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times in a row. Do this every day at least for a few weeks.
– Another exercise involves lightly turning your head clockwise and then anticlockwise, keeping your spine straight all the time. Do 5 to 10 repetitions of this exercise, about three times a day for several weeks.
You can do both exercises either standing or sitting, but it is important to keep your spine straight.
7. Green Tea
Green tea includes powerful antioxidants and many other components that boost metabolism. This tea will help you burn calories and lose weight.
Start the day with a cup of green tea and try to drink it several times a day.
8. Vitamin E
Increasing your daily intake of vitamin E can help you get rid of your double chin. It will increase skin's elasticity and its general health.
This vitamin is part of many foods like green leafy vegetables, dairy products, wheat germ oil, brown rice, barley, legumes, beans, nuts and seeds, peanuts and liver.
9. Milk Massage
Massaging our skin with milk can tighten and tone our skin around the chin area. Also, it will keep our skin soft and beautiful.
– Apply milk on your chin, massage for a few minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat several times a day for several weeks.
– Also, you can make milk and honey mask. Mix the milk and honey well and apply it over the chin area. Leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water. Follow this remedy once daily.
Melon, too, can help toning the skin and reducing a double chin.
– Extract fresh melon juice. Use a cotton ball to apply it to the skin around the chin and neck and then massage. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with water.
– Also, eat more melon because it is high in water content. This will help to flush out toxins from your body and also aid weight loss.